Create a difference and make a lasting impact as the Associate Dean of Business with Bryant University. This position is ideal for the entrepreneurial-minded individual seeking a role where they contribute to the creation of a unique, new state of the art Data Science/IT Program, develop and manage the graduate school online programs, and coordinate the development and delivery of high quality academic programs within the College of Business.
This position reports to the Dean of the College of Business, is the primary administrative point of contact for all matters surrounding the Provost led Data Science/IT initiative, and facilitates the development and retention of well-qualified faculty.
The Associate Dean serves as a senior advisor to the Dean on all College of Business programs as well as develops marketing strategies and promotes partnerships with corporate and government entities to further enhance the academic quality and reputation of the online Graduate School programs as well as the College of Business.
Tenure can be negotiated based on qualifications and experience. Salary is competitive.
- Terminal degree in a business discipline (Data Science/IT are highly desired)
- Proven record in academic program development including developing and administering online programs
- Successful experience in academic administration at Department Chair, Program Director level or above
- Working knowledge of AACSB accreditation standards and expectations
- Ability to make effective public presentations and communicate university and school of business vision and mission to corporate and government partners
- Demonstrated decision-making ability
- Proven effectiveness in fiscal management and resource allocation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, operational and problem-solving skills
- Record of strong, consistent, and successful collaboration with faculty, administrators, staff and students
- Entrepreneurial mindset, tolerance for ambiguity, flexible management style
• Creating a unique, state of the art Data Science/IT Program; serving as the Coordinator and Provost/Dean point of contact on myriad aspects of the program including strategy, marketing, and budget/finance; serving as the key point of contact for corporate outreach, assisting with obtaining internships, partnering with industry for experiential learning, co-op opportunities, creating an Advisory Board for the program; and to consider expansion into future programs including cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, robotics, and other disciplines critical to future workplace success
• In partnership with the Provost and the Dean, ensure the development and implementation of future online teaching and learning platforms. Work with the Dean and academic department chairs to facilitate the development of appropriate curricula for graduate programs (specifically online), along with appropriate staffing of online graduate courses
• Identify and understand the needs of key external constituencies such as future students, current students, industry and alumni
• Provide oversight and tactical support in the areas of:
- Curriculum development and integration, including identification of opportunities to build interdisciplinary programs (particularly with the Data Science Initiative) with the College of Arts and Sciences
- Research positioning and support
• In conjunction with the Dean and department chairs, support the recruitment, evaluation, development and retention of faculty, ensuring practices are in keeping with the spirit and intent of University policy of diversity and EEO/AA guidelines and are in compliance with the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) between the University and the Faculty Federation. Serve as resource on matters of contract interpretation, questions, or concerns, ensuring the effective administration of the CBA
• Facilitate departmental interaction with internal support departments such as, Admissions, University Relations, Alumni Relations, Amica Center for Career Education, Undergraduate Advising, and the Registrar’s Office
• Facilitate departmental interaction with external constituencies including alumni and industry
• Coordinate the development, implementation, and evolution of a process for regular review and evaluation of current programs and curricula, identifying opportunities for evolution in programs, program content, design and delivery
• Coordinate the development and implementation of a comprehensive curriculum architecture to facilitate the design, delivery and administration of more integrative programs and helping to identify the Bryant University College of Business brand
• Maintain a liaison role with the Student Affairs division to explore and implement co-curricular and extra-curricular support and integration points for the academic curriculum
• Maintain and evolve the aggregate College of Business staffing and accreditation picture
• Effectively interact with students and their parents as a representative of the Dean of the College of Business in matters related to student grievances and other student concerns
• Actively participate and act as a representative of the Dean on assigned committees
• Related duties as assigned by the Provost and/or the Dean
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to accommodate persons with disabilities
About Bryant University
Founded in 1863, Bryant University
currently enrolls nearly 3500 undergraduate and over 200 graduate students. Its academic programs, offered through its College of Business, College of Arts and Sciences, and a School of Health Sciences, are distinguished by individual attention and a global perspective. Bryant’s nationally recognized curriculum allows students to create their path by integrating business and the liberal arts while developing real world credentials. Bryant’s graduates are highly successful; 99% of the Class of 2016 were employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Over the past decade, Bryant has invested $250 million in stunning new campus facilities and architectural enhancements and has added more than 250,000 square feet of new facilities, including the award winning Academic Innovation Center
, a 50,000 square foot state of the art facility for teaching and learning.
Bryant University enjoys many prestigious national and international rankings
, top accreditations, and strategic affiliations. Bryant’s business program is ranked No. 3 in the US, according to College Factual/USA Today 2018, and is ranked 2nd on a list of “up-and-coming” universities
by U.S. News & World Report. Bloomberg BusinessWeek ranks
Bryant’s IB program 16th in the country and places the University in the top 50 overall.
The College of Business
, accredited by AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
since 1994, challenges assumptions about traditional learning by introducing complex theory and real-world practice simultaneously and from the very first semester. From freshman year to a capstone senior business class, students benefit from a distinctive atmosphere of purpose that allows them to achieve intellectual growth and applied knowledge.
Bryant is nearing completion of a $75 million capital campaign, Expanding the World of Opportunity, which was announced in fall 2014. The fund raising effort is close to reaching its target. The capital campaign priorities focused on the construction of five new buildings as well as opportunities to raise resources for endowed faculty chairs, executives in residence, and visiting speakers and artists.
Living in the Area
Rhode Island, nicknamed the Ocean State, combines an exciting capital city, Providence, with a relaxing New England country setting, all within an area only 48 miles long by 37 miles wide. Living in the greater Providence area offers many benefits including an excellent quality of life, strong school systems and lower commute times. The area offers amenities for everyone with a rural feel offering plenty of outdoor activities. The city of Providence, just 20 minutes away from campus, is a mecca of restaurants and pubs, museums, galleries, theater, shopping, bars, and is home to many eclectic neighborhoods.
There is never a shortage of things to do with flea markets, food festivals and outdoor concerts taking place along the Providence River during the summer months, outdoor and indoor farmers markets happen all year and universities, libraries and nonprofits regularly host lectures, artist talks and film screenings.