Director - Mental Health Services
: Staff - Full-Time
The Student Health Services department at Utah Valley University is seeking a Director to provide oversight and supervision of Mental Health Services, supervises work hours and clinical hours and employee attendance, provides annual performance appraisals for full-time mental health staff, monitors the budgets designated for mental health therapy, ensures mental health staff provide competent mental health therapy to registered UVU students.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree in a related discipline plus three years of staff level experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling seven years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of effective management principles and methods.
- Knowledge of effective budget development and administration.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, goal setting and staffing.
- Knowledge of policy development and implementation.
- Knowledge of team development and team building.
- Knowledge of individual counseling techniques.
- Knowledge of crises intervention.
- Knowledge of consulting techniques, public speaking, teaching and presentations.
- Knowledge of psychiatric diagnoses according to the DSM5.
- Knowledge of group psychotherapy theory and techniques.
- Skills in all areas of effective management.
- Skills in diagnosis of psychological disorders, treatment planning, and providing effective treatment of UVU students.
- Skills in effective coordination and collaboration with other areas within Student Health Services, including Medical Services, Psychiatric Services, Crisis Services, and Front Desk Services.
- Ability to be flexible and creative in managing UVU Mental Health Services.
- Ability to provide timely feedback to mental health staff and SHS staff in general on the mental health needs of UVU students.
- Ability to recommend voluntary commitment of clients for hospitalization if threatening to harm themselves or others.
Graduation with a Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Psychology, Educational Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy. Two years post license experience preferably in a university counseling center.
Physical ability for occasional sitting, walking standing, seeing, and fine hand manipulation, continuous hearing and talking.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$63,749 - $84,998
ST57817 Student Health Services Staff 02/28/2018
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/5429
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.