Sr. Director - Community Outreach
: Staff - Full-Time
The Community Outreach & Economic Development department at Utah Valley University is seeking a Sr. Director for Community Outreach to coordinate strategic civic and corporate outreach and economic and community development while providing oversight for the Business Resource Center (BRC). The Sr. Director will work with all university partners to design activities to foster increased collaboration of internal stakeholders in outreach to key community constituents within the service district. The Sr. Director will implement a strategy to support outreach activities to; foster community engagement in university priorities, develop new and care-take existing beneficial partnerships and engage the entrepreneurial eco-system to forward the mission and goals of the university. The Sr. Director will oversee the implementation and upkeep of a university-wide Customer Resource Management (CRM) tool designed to strategically collect key relationship information, coordinate and negotiate relationships within the organization, monitor the ongoing care and upkeep of critical relationships, and network with the human assets connected to the university both internally and externally.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a masters degree in a directly related field, plus four years of experience related to the Summary of Duties of the position or Bachelors degree in a directly related field, plus six years related to the Summary of Duties of the position or any combination of higher education and/or experience totaling ten years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of UVUs dual community college and university mission.
- Knowledge of how universities support economic and community development.
- Knowledge of outreach education and philosophy.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to work with local leaders, organizations and networks.
- Knowledge of the demographics, constituents, and leadership of the community served by Utah Valley University.
- Knowledge of and ability to ensure responsible allocation of human and fiscal resources.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise effective interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Employ effective communication across university divisions, faculty and staff.
- Effectively represent a complex institution in a variety of public settings with confidence and integrity, and work effectively and efficiently within a shared governance environment.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to increase community engagement in strategic university initiatives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, poise, and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage people of various backgrounds and skill sets.
- Ability to demonstrate relationship care-taking and group facilitation techniques to ensure continued engagement by stakeholders.
- Ability to provide for an environment supportive of affirmative action and the achievement of the universitys affirmative action goals and policies.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as part of the Academic Affairs and university leadership teams while maintaining close working relationships with key external partners.
- Ability to work with local and state public and business leaders.
- MBA or another graduate degree appropriate to the role preferred.
- Ability to develop deep connections with the community to advance the university mission preferred.
- Entrepreneurial experience in business start-up, growth and development, or financing preferred.
This position will require occasional regional and national travel to support leadership priorities and community engagement.
Requires general office environment such as sitting for extended periods of time, walking, talking, seeing, hearing, fine hand manipulation and ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$60,829 - $81,105
ST63317 Academic Outreach/Econ Dev Staff 02/28/2018
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please provide full Resume or CV and a detailed cover letter addressing the required elements of the role.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/5425
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.