St. Lawrence University invites applications for an Associate Director of Dining Operations and Conference Services.
The overall management of Dining Service’s daily operations and conference services activities, assuring the high standards of the department are met.
In addition to the requirements for personal conduct which are common to all positions in the University, the following duties outline the major factors of the position. They are not all inclusive, do not set a priority sequence, or establish a ratio of work to be performed. They may vary in importance between departments and may be altered within the general framework of the primary function to satisfy changes in departmental activity.
- Responsible for the overall operation of Canaras Conference Center which includes scheduling guests and hiring staff. Also assists in the capital budget process
- Responsible for the summer conference and camp aspect of the department, including the budget for these areas
- Accountable for ensuring that the food quality, presentation and service meet our high standards.
- Assist with budget development for the dining services units
- Accountable for controlling food, payroll and other direct costs against the forecasted budget
- Participates in planning and implementing staff training and development in areas of culinary arts, customer service, safety and sanitation
- Supports and participates in the team concept of the department and the department’s four values
- Works with the Dining Services management team to become more sustainable in our procurement and operational practices
- Responsible for the overall operation of the department in the Director’s absence
- Associates degree in hospitality or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in the hospitality field preferred
- Five to seven years of progressive food service experience as a senior manager in a collegiate level program is essential. Three to five years’ experience in the conference/hospitality field is also essential
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and inspire a food service staff focusing on a high level of professionalism while maintaining a safe, diverse team environment
- Must be able to multi task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, CBORD or another food management system, and EMS (Event Management System) or another room scheduling system is preferred
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the "special instructions to applicant" section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to David Geleta at email@example.com.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.