The Senior Business Systems Analyst - Enterprise Applications is responsible for supporting the use of the Workday enterprise resource planning (ERP) modules (HCM/Payroll/Recruiting/Financials) at Simmons.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Enterprise Applications and Support Services, the Senior Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will be the key point of contact for business stakeholders to prioritize, organize, design and implement technology solutions. S/he will build strong relationships with stakeholders and become a trusted partner and subject matter expert on relevant systems. This resource will be available to work closely with users to make sure they are taking full advantage of all the features and functions of the application and applying best practices to the business process definitions being implemented.
The Senior BSA will participate at various levels in all technology related initiatives from inception to implementation and support. S/he will generate documentation and facilitate implementation of business requirements for technology initiatives including: data flows, data modeling, workflow and business process. The Senior BSA will participate in system planning and testing including user acceptance testing and system integration testing.
1. System Analysis and Support
- Manage and oversee all system issues, prioritization and their resolutions (Including with third party);
- Provide appropriate analysis in partnership with business related to process changes to assess system impact (both from a technical and change management perspective) and options;
- Escalate and facilitate decisions around production changes;
- Monitor integration activity and the impact to business;
- Manage releases;
- Coordinate with Workday, Workday Community, Third Party Production Support (i.e Meteorix), Technology, all business units and executives;
- Develop business process and technical requirements documentation;
- Develop test plans, coordinate and execute system testing;
- This position requires participation in the 7x24 application support rotation.
2. Leadership and Outreach
- Partner with end users to understand user needs/issues both current and future;
- Proactively provide information related to functionality changes, known issues or other application related news;
- Facilitate user groups to engage and inform key business users;
- Convene business users to analyze system issues and implement process improvement;
- Provide troubleshooting by phone and in person and ensure all issues reach resolution in timely manner with ongoing communication;
- Work with end users to understand reporting needs and develop appropriate reports and reporting timeframes.
3. Training and Communication
- Establish a training strategy that effectively meets the needs of the application's end users;
- Lead and/or facilitate the development and delivery of formal training that may include classroom, online, vendor delivered, or manuals;
- Be available for one-on-one training, as appropriate;
- Develop and maintain technical and end user documentation related to assigned application(s);
- Clearly and proactively communicates product enhancements to end users within the context of the overall Strategy Map of the College;
- Establish communication protocols (email, web) for application updates and issues.
Technical / Application Skills
- 4-6 years of hands on experience supporting Enterprise Applications (HCM / Payroll / Recruiting / Finance), Workday preferred
- Ability to use Excel and other tools to manipulate data for import or export
Non -Technical Skills
- Strong knowledge of business analyst tools and techniques: requirements elicitation/documentation, user support, system configuration and testing
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work multiple tasks
- Ability to prepare documentation/training materials
- Ability to provide training and user support
- Excellent problem-solving skills
May be required to support off hours implementations and / or application updates.
Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV field on the 'My Experience' section of your application.
As a College committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Senior-Business-Systems-Analyst--Enterprise-Applications_R04187-1
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.