Accounts Payable Manager
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Administrative Exempt Positions
Reporting to the Associate Controller, the Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for the ongoing management of accounts payable and PCard administration. Additional responsibilities include tax reporting and compliance state filings. Assist with year-end close and external audit.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Associate Controller, the Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for the ongoing management of accounts payable and PCard administration. Additional responsibilities include tax reporting and compliance state filings. Assist with year-end close and external audit.
- Ongoing management of accounts payable staff and coordination with Procurement.
- Staff development and training.
- Develop department policies and procedures.
- Approve biweekly check run and ACH file.
- Analyze work flow and implement changes as needed.
- Oversight of the PCard program including PCard Audits.
- Oversee annual tax reporting for 1099s and 1042s.
- Review, analyze and reconcile Accounts Payable accounts or other general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Participate in the annual audit process; review, analyze and resolve any audit comments for Accounts Payable.
- Identify and resolve customer service issues relating to AP. This will require communication with internal departments and well as outside vendors.
- Verify independent contractors versus employees.
- Determination of the appropriate taxation for nonresident aliens.
- Various monthly and quarterly tax reporting-sales tax, entertainer tax, and unclaimed property.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree with major in accounting, business, or related field required.
- 3-5 years Accounts Payable experience with a minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
- Proficient with MS office required.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Experience with automated/integrated accounting systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment and work collaboratively with others.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5327