Specialist - Operations
Under the direction of the Chief Flight Instructor, performs a variety of duties to ensure departmental compliance with university, state and federal guidelines and laws, including specialized record management of personnel and flight records, database management and/or specified information-gathering. Ensures compliance with FAA and TSA regulations and coordinates recurrent training for all employees of the aviation department.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in the use of computers and computer software applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, email and databases.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and other data base products.
- Skills in office methods, techniques, practices, and procedures.
- Skills in interpersonal communication and problem-solving.
- Skills in record management.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative support and record keeping duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to follow verbal and written procedures and instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing to a diverse community and the ability to meet and work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to coordinate and assist in the preparation and monitoring of department financial transactions.
- Ability to work independently and work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and follow projects through to successful completion.
- Ability to pass and maintain certification for facilitating the Computer Assisted Testing Services (CATS).
Office administration experience.
Requires talking, hearing, seeing, fine hand manipulation, grasping, standing, sitting and reaching. May also bend, stoop, twist and kneel on occasion. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$25,665 - $32,082
ST63017 Aviation Flight Operations Staff 03/11/2018
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/5373
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.