Plans, coordinates, delivers and manages outreach or extension educational services and programs for Professional & Continuing Education to accomplish outreach goals and objectives including communication, education, research, community, assistance and quality management.
1. Develops and coordinates outreach programs for target groups; assesses program needs, organizes program materials; evaluates program success.
2. Develops relationships with program recipients by meeting with clientele to define needs or problem areas.
3. Assists in the development and implementation of strategic plans and operational issues.
4. Assists in tracking projects through the phases of identification, requirement/scope development, estimating/budgeting, planning, design, procurement, and construction.
5. Assists in providing administrative oversight of the unit to include forecasting, developing, reconciling and monitoring of the budget.
6. Generates reports and maintains databases for the department to provide information to various departments, clients, and/or staff.
7. Assists in the review of all work including review, approval and signature on proposals and contracts ensuring consistency and compliance with institutional, state, federal and other regulations.
8. Supervises and develops a staff of outreach administrators and/or outreach support staff to provide services and training for delivered programs.
9. Participates in departmental strategic and operational planning and execution of programs.
About Auburn: Auburn was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years! Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-for-auburn.
It’s a Lifestyle: The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel, perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town. You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s time to come home!
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.