Senior Director, Planning, Research & Evaluation
Salary Ranges: $92,054 - $143,412
If you are looking for an exciting work environment,
CCBC is exactly the employer you’ve been looking for!
The Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) is ranked among the top providers of undergraduate education, workforce development, technology training, and life enrichment in the Baltimore Metropolitan area. Rooted in the community since 1957, CCBC offers a unique approach to learning that empowers people to transform their lives. Our graduates, many on scholarship, go on to attend some of the nation’s finest colleges and universities. Nationally recognized as a leader in innovative learning strategies, CCBC educates nearly 65,000 people each year, including more than half of all Baltimore County residents attending undergraduate college. By offering a holistic learning environment that is both accepting and challenging, we meet students where they are and take them where they want to go.
The Senior Director, Planning, Research and Evaluation leads a vital department of seven professional staff. The Senior Director oversees college-wide coordination and execution of all institutional research functions. The college relies on the Senior Director to lead and support the planning and implementation of strategic initiatives as well as to provide information that supports institutional planning, policy formulation and decision making. CCBC’s evidence-based culture needs a leader who will help us create and use more timely and expansive dashboards to influence decisions. The successful candidate will exercise and demonstrate expertise and skills specific to education research, data analytics, and technical writing.
CCBC offers its employees (and eligible dependents) excellent benefits to include competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, generous paid time off, a wide variety of retirement benefit options, professional development opportunities, tuition remission/reimbursement and much more.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• At least five years of administrative experience in higher education.
• Demonstrated success in institutional research, planning, and student learning outcomes assessment, data collection, analysis, and usage for evidence-based improvements
1. Direct the College’s comprehensive planning, institutional research and evaluation efforts. Work with faculty and staff to create a culture of evidence -based continuous improvement. Provide leadership in identifying data to inform institutional decision-making and monitor institutional effectiveness and viability.
2. Lead and supervise a department of seven research and planning professionals.
3. Manage the college’s data warehouse and analytics infrastructure for college-wide reporting.
4. Oversee the entire planning process, including environmental scanning strategic plan maintenance, long-range plan development and operational plan implementation.
5. Provide support for College assessment, accreditation and quality improvement activities in College units. Work collaboratively with instruction to develop, measure, and analyze learning outcomes and with all units to develop, measure and analyze performance metrics.
6. Supervise and provide oversight for college reporting to state, regional and federal agencies.
7. Lead data governance efforts to develop and maintain a data standards system, to ensure accurate, reliable, and consistent institutional data
8. Manage the College’s Institutional Review Board (IRB).
9. Support the College’s efforts to secure grants and contracts from outside funding sources.
10. Coordinate responses to ad hoc requests for information needed to inform strategic planning and external surveys.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
To complete an online application please go to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/ccbcmd/jobs/3004677/senior-director-planning-research-evaluation?keywords=Senior%20Director&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs