PRESIDENT, LOS ANGELES VALLEY COLLEGE
Los Angeles Community College District
The Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President of Los Angeles Valley College. The President serves as the Chief Executive Officer responsible for leadership, advocacy and a strategic vision for Los Angeles Valley College with responsibility and direct accountability for all College operations. The President reports to the Chancellor and is a member of the Chancellor's Cabinet. The successful candidate must have a strong grounding in the administration of academic programs, student services and administrative services. The candidate must also have a thorough understanding of the primary mission of the community college, which includes transfer education and career/workforce and technical education preparation and community service programs.
Master's degree or advanced degree of at least equivalent standard from an accredited college or university. The required degree must be completed at the time of filing an application.
Two years of successful full-time experience in a senior leadership position in education, business, industry or government, preferably as a college or university administrator.
A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of district faculty, staff, and students.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The current salary range is $200,306 - $248,144 annually. Employee benefits include 15.5 paid holidays and 24 days paid vacation annually, comprehensive medical/hospital, dental, and vision care plans, and a $50,000 group life insurance policy.
FILING AN APPLICATION
To be considered for this position, please go to the employment page of our website at http://www.laccd.edu
and to review the full position announcement and to file application please click on the following link:
All applicants must submit the following:
1. A completed LACCD application.
2. A letter of application of no more than six pages is requested. The cover letter for application must describe skills and experiences that have prepared you to successfully meet each of the six desirable qualities described in the position announcement.
3. A current résumé of professional experience, educational background, and other pertinent information.
4. A list of eight references with business and home telephone numbers, including two supervisors, two subordinates (including one support staff member), two faculty, and two community members.
5. Copies of transcript(s) (official transcripts will be required if selected for an interview). Documentation from an approved foreign transcript evaluator is required for degrees received from other countries.
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications after April 26; 2019, however, applications may be accepted until the position is filled. To be considered in the first reading, applications must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on April 26, 2019. For additional information, contact LACCD Human Resources at (213) 891-2290 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
All confidential inquires and nominations should be directed to search consultants of PPL, Incorporated
Dr. Benjamin T. Duran, email@example.com
Dr. Lisa A Sugimoto, firstname.lastname@example.org
, 562 972-8983