Assistant Director, Advancement Operations
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
Simmons University is looking for an Assistant Director, Advancement Operations (Assistant Director) to join the Office of Advancement. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Advancement Operations, the Assistant Director will drive internal and external teams' plans and execute projects to achieve fundraising, stewardship, and engagement objectives in the Advancement Office.
The Assistant Director will be responsible for overall project management responsibilities, including delivering every project on time, within budget, and within scope. This position will communicate effectively with other Advancement colleagues in Stewardship, Alumni Engagement, Event Strategy and campus colleagues, providing a high level of customer service and support. The Assistant Director evaluates the effectiveness of projects through defining objectives, process development, and post-project analysis.
- Provide project management for all advancement operations;
- Manage internal resources and third-party vendors for flawless execution of projects;
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget;
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure resource availability and allocation;
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress and analyze results;
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs;
- Measure project performance by using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques;
- Report and escalate to management as needed;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation including process creation and implementation;
- Support stewardship initiatives;
- Assist the Director of Donor Relations with scholarship report production;
- Assist in the stewardship plans for major donors, annual giving, Cupola Society, new donors, and recurring gifts;
- Assist in the production of stewardship print pieces
- Provide general Advancement Operations assistance;
- Other projects as needed.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience required;
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Experience with Raiser's Edge preferred;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven, team environment;
- Strong business acumen with both budgeting and analysis experience.
- Ideal candidate will be energetic, positive, extremely service-oriented, and will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires building strong working relationships across the division.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Director--Advancement-Operations_R06732
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.