Executive Director of Alumni Giving and Engagement Office of Institutional Advancement
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a Executive Director of Alumni Giving and Engagement Office of Institutional Advancement to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by playing a key role as one of the faces of Marian University with its alumni through a multi-channel approach including direct mail, digital marketing, personal outreach and social media.
Marian University has an immediate opening for a motivated, thoughtful and outgoing professional to serve as its Executive Director of Alumni Giving and Engagement Office of Institutional Advancement to provide leadership in service to Marian University’s Alumni.
Success in this role is defined by increasing alumni engagement and alumni philanthropic support from the 20,000+ (and growing!) alumni base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Develop, manage and execute a top-notch, best-in-class, alumni giving and engagement office. This includes:
- Prioritize alumni engagement as defined by the “Six Ts”: Time, Talent, Treasure, Ties, Testimony, and Trust; work to ensure at least 20 percent of Marian’s alumni are meaningfully engaged in one (or more) of these six “T’s” annually.
- Prioritize alumni giving to grow to 15 percent alumni giving.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Marian University Alumni Association (MUAA) and Affinity Groups.
- Recruit, retain, and develop volunteers to support the efforts of the alumni and advancement programs.
- Lead the Assistant Director of Alumni Giving and Engagement (position currently open).
- Plan and manage the alumni budget.
- Execute all activity in a manner that is consistent with the strategic plan of the university and the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Embrace an environment that is fast-paced, with a vision that is very aspirational.
- Have a “bias for action” approach to work.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- A passion for the Marian University mission.
- A proven track record of successful Alumni Giving and Engagement work.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Graduate of Marian University.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE).
- Raiser’s Edge database experience