As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks serve as Head Women’s Volleyball Coach. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach promotes Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan Mission & Identity by providing leadership, management, and strategic planning for the women’s basketball program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The coach will be responsible for all phases of the program to include but not limited to:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Organizing and conducting a recruitment program that will retain qualified student-athletes at the NAIA level by managing visitations.
- Cooperating with the admissions and financial aid departments in a coordinated effort to attract student-athletes.
- Supervising student-athletes’ academic, personal, and athletic development.
- Planning practices and game preparation.
- Managing the women’s Volleyball budget.
- Implementing and enforcing the department and university policies concerning sportsmanship and school representation.
- Promoting the women’s volleyball program to the public.
- The Head Women’s Volleyball Coach will also assist in community relations and will be responsible for raising funds for the women’s basketball program throughout the academic year.
Marian University women’s Volleyball has a history of great success, with five consecutive NAIA appearances which resulted in one NAIA national championships, and one semifinal appearance. In that same stretch, the program won 4 conference championships. These standards are expected to be upheld with the hire of the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach.